A person who holds a Learner’s license must be accompanied by a licensed driver, 21 years of age or older, who occupies the front passenger seat closest to the right of the driver.
Drivers with a Learner’s License are ineligible for a motorcycle endorsement.
- Be at least 15 years old.
- Pass vision, road signs and road rules tests.
- Have the signature of one parent (or guardian) on the parent consent form, if under age 18.
- Completion of Traffic Law and Substance Abuse Education Course.
- Two forms of identification.
- Social Security Number.
- Must be in compliance with school attendance, if under 18.
The following requirements must be met in order to obtain a Learner’s License and regular Class E license:
- Must hold the learner’s license for 12 months or until the 18th birthday.
- Must have NO moving traffic violation convictions 12 months from the issue date of the Learner’s license.
- May have one moving traffic violation conviction within 12 months from the issue date of the learner’s license, if adjudication is withheld.
- A parent, legal guardian or responsible adult over 21 years old, must certify that the driver has 50 hours of driving experience, of which 10 hours must be at night.
- Driving Test.